Most Wi-Fi troubleshooting requires specialty gear and deep Wi-Fi expertise to use it. Your techs are smart, capable professionals, but they may not have a degree in Wi-Fi science and may not know how to capture Wi-Fi packets, or even use a spectrum analyzer.
Tonic provides a reliable process for troubleshooting Wi-Fi devices (endpoints) on-site, no matter which technician gets sent out and how much Wi-Fi expertise they have.
Why use a Wi-Fi Packet Analyzer?
In this case, your dashboard is giving the all-clear, but the end user is still reporting connection issues. So, after exhausting all options that your network management tool gives you, you realize that there’s no way around it: it’s time to roll a truck and send a technician to the customer site.
You know that the last step to troubleshooting endpoints is by capturing network traffic because “the packets never lie.” But with traditional Wi-Fi packet capture solutions, your tech is faced with the difficult task of guessing which channel (or channels) to scan.
Tonic makes site visits simple
No more crossing your fingers and hoping that your tech is not wasting hours at a client site, only to open up the recording at your desk and realize that the pcap they provided you contained nothing useful.
Tonic Intelligently Identifies Wi-Fi Connection Issues
Tonic automatically identifies events like authentication, association, and roaming, and highlights them for you in real time.
Wi-Fi Troubleshooting your team can do
- Go to the room/area onsite where the endpoint is having an issue. Open up Tonic and plug in your Wi-Fi adapters. Tonic records all of the traffic for all Wi-Fi endpoints, even if they’re not connected to the network.
- Click to select the device that’s experiencing an issue. Now, Tonic is locked onto this endpoint, and it will follow it it throughout the environment as it roams across channels, associates, authenticates, etc.
- When an issue occurs, Tonic will let you know! Tonic has automatic event detection, and when something happens that indicates a configuration issue you’ll see it pop up.
- If you can see it, you can fix it. Armed with specific diagnostics about what went wrong with the endpoint, the tech can either resolve the issue right then and there, or quickly save a packet capture for later analysis by the expert back at the office. It’s as easy as File > Save PCAP.
Go from “I need proof” to “I have proof”
Tonic’s automatic event detection scrolls through the packets for you, identifying and categorizing events in real-time. Associations, Roams, Authentications, Neighbor Reports… everything appears automatically, live as you capture.
Keep the Software, not the Hardware
Tonic was built specifically to avoid this headache, with the ability to turn an off-the-shelf supported Wi-Fi adapter into affordable packet capture hardware. Buying off-the-shelf adapters makes it cost-effective for all of your techs to have a Tonic setup, and when new Wi-Fi standards are deployed, all you have to replace are the adapters.
With Tonic, you get:
- Simultaneous channel capture (with multiple adapters)
- Endpoint Discovery and Auto-following
- Automatic Wi-Fi event detection
- Measurement of Wi-Fi Congestion
- Client Capability Profiling
TELONIX stands behind every product sold, with unmatched technical support.