The first WiFi/wireless LAN analyzer built for installers at all skill levels with intuitive capabilities for rapid characterization, optimization, and troubleshooting of home WiFi networks
Increasingly, end users depend on WiFi to reliably deliver premium services such as video and IPTV to endpoints throughout their homes. However, the highly dynamic nature of WiFi networks (including spurious interferers, in-channel or channel-overlapping networks added by other parties, and growing numbers of WiFi devices) has a continuous impact on performance and QoE.
As a result, 40% of all trouble calls are now WiFi related. Technicians who install and maintain WiFi in the home require robust installation methods and rapid troubleshooting capabilities.
The WiFi Advisor consists of an iPad app and one or more WFED-300AC test devices. It is the first test solution to meet the specific needs of installation professionals at all skill levels.
Providing a new, visually rich approach to testing, its intuitive capabilities enable rapid characterization, optimization, and troubleshooting of highly changeable and vulnerable home WiFi networks. It shows a whole-home view of real WiFi performance/throughput margin and can deliver easy-to-understand performance information directly to the end customer.
• Improves QoE, reduces trouble calls and repeats
• Reduces mean-time-to-repair
• Assesses a wide range of end-user device classes
• Educates customers about true performance
• Enables test conformance and repeatability across your workforce
• WiFi troubleshooting and optimization
• Whole-home WiFi performance mapping and throughput analysis
• Wireless IPTV service installation
• End-user education
• Site performance report educates customers
• TrueMargin™ optimizes WiFi site throughput
• ntuitive and easy user interface recommends best channel and optimization steps
• Highly-configurable radio supports 2.4 G 802.11b/g/n and 5 G 802.11a/n/ac up to 3×3 with MIMO
• Associates job- or work-ticket information with site assessment results for export to the cloud for storage and analysis
Consolidate Your Test Investment
The WiFi Advisor is fully integrated with the VIAVI OneExpert broadband-to-the-home test platform. This power combination lets you test fiber, the home WiFi network, and either copper or cable.
Flexible VIAVI platform architecture helps customers maximize their overall investment in broadband-to-the-home test tools. There are two ways you can consolidate your toolset and minimize both OpEx and CapEx:
• Control a single WiFi Advisor from your OneExpert to do BSSID, spectral, and channel view testing. This lets you avoid purchasing a separate tablet device to host the WiFi Advisor application and reports. The OneExpert hosts the WiFi Advisor application.
• Conduct two-ended testing with a single WiFi Advisor, a tablet, and your OneExpert. Consolidate your tool set and eliminate the need for two WFEDs.
Troubleshooting and Optimization
Using a single WFED-300AC device, users can quickly visualize, optimize, and troubleshoot WiFi networks using the Smart Channel Wizard and the complementary BSSID, Channel, and Spectral views.
The SmartChannel Wizard summarizes the KPIs and the health of the selected BSSID and the channel in which it resides.
SmartChannel Wizard Device List window
The summary will help novice uses and guide them to a resolution for each metric that is not optimal with practical optimization guidance. The Wizard sees beyond access point occupancies into the client detail of the entire customer network and the clients or any co-channel-sharing networks.
Channel occupancy with BSSID view
Actual Layer 3 throughput margin is the key factor for determining the tolerance to changes in the WiFi environment. A high throughput margin equates to a high WiFi network resiliency and a reduced likelihood of trouble calls and repeat truck rolls. It is especially important when your customer expects high QOE in video over WiFi.
The WiFi Advisor shows real Layer 3 performance and determines the sources of throughput loss throughout a site. And, it conducts whole home performance testing either with or without the customer’s access point. During the assessment, it lets a technician:
• Determine the maximum packet throughput capacity for a WiFi connection under test
• Gain visibility into factors impacting throughput
• Assess throughput margin relative to the configured service level threshold
TELONIX stands behind every product sold, with unmatched technical support.