S183PMII Fusion Splicer
Designed specifically for the demanding production and research applications of the optical components industry
The S183PMII Advanced Fusion Splicer was designed specifically for the demanding production and research applications of the optical components industry, being capable of:
• Splicing specialty and exotic fiber combinations
• Very large diameter fiber splicing (up to 500 µm)*
• Polarization maintaining fiber splicing
• High-strength splicing application
• RoHS compliant
* With optional LDF holder and LDF electrode.
Specialty Splicing Made Easy and Fast
Its advanced features allow you to splice today’s and tomorrow’s most exotic fiber types. High-strength splices, splicing small cladding fibers (80 µm), large cladding fibers (500 µm), high Δ splicing combinations, PM fibers, or erbium doped fiber, the S183PMII is the splicer for your high-end application.
The splice time is lightning fast at 35 seconds for PANDA and 15 seconds for SM, the fastest in the industry for most fiber applications, allowing you to increase efficiency on your production line.
Safe PM Fiber Rotation
The new rotation mechanism allows PM fiber to rotate while keeping it straight and stable. This minimizes fiber twist, which can be detrimental to sensitive splicing applications.
Quick Loading & Automatic Machine Adjustment
• 13 second heating time on 60mm sleeve with power mode;
• iPhone/Android remote control: search FITEL SMART APP to download;
• Removable v-groove;
• 4.3-inch wide LCD color touch screen;
• Fiber image includes industry-leading 556X magnification;
• Removable SOC heater clamp;
• Cooling tray is standard;
• 20000 splice memory;
• Brighter with 3+1 LED lights;
• Minimum 200 cycle with single battery charge;
• Electrode (Ninja compatible);
• Fiber Holder (S178 compatible);
• Shock bumps are removable supporting convenience.
Automatic Fiber Holder Release
Automatically performs a tensile proof test on the fiber and releases the holder lid to avoid twisting the fiber after the splice. This automation eliminates the need for the user to manually open and reset the splicer after each fusion splice.
TELONIX stands behind every product sold, with unmatched technical support.