All-in-One Cell-site Installation and Maintenance Test Solution
Introducing the VIAVI OneAdvisor-800, a portable test solution designed to meet the evolving needs of service providers, field technicians and contractors as they scale 5G infrastructure. This solution brings unprecedented simplicity, speed, and accuracy to site turn-up. Intuitive test process automation streamlines the work into a short sequence of push-button tests.
OneAdvisor combines fiber inspection and validation, cable and antenna analysis, as well as over the air tests with spectrum and interference analysis. All tests are conducted with an intuitive workflow automation bringing built-in guidance, automatic configuration, pass/fail results, and a single report package ready for closeout. OneAdvisor allows field teams to get in, get out, and get paid.
All-in-One Cell-site Installation and Maintenance Test Solution
LTE and 5G network topologies and infrastructure technologies must converge flawlessly at a cell site to ensure peak performance. In order to integrate all the elements into a functioning cell site, installation and maintenance teams have been using multiple test sets, manual test processes, and manual report consolidation. With the volume of new cell sites that must be installed, multiple test sets and manual processes simply don’t meet the work speed and accuracy now required.
The VIAVI OneAdvisor-800 allows cell site technicians to test fiber, RF, and CPRI/Ethernet from a single instrument, replacing multiple independent tools (OTDR, CAA, Fiber Scope) and significantly reducing the total cost of ownership for service providers and contractors.
OneAdvisor-800 / Key Benefits
• Improved tool efficiency. Replaces multiple independent tools (i.e. OTDR, CAA, Fiber scope, etc);
• Broad coverage. Covers all radios types (LTE and 5G) and topologies (Macro-cell, Small-cell, C-RAN, and/or DAS);
• Scalable. As a team’s test responsibility grows, so can the OneAdvisor platform with modular test components.
OneAdvisor-800 / Test Process Automation Benefits
• Greater accuracy. Complete test plans exactly to the specifications of the service provider with precise measurements;
• Consistency. Test processes and workflows are defined centrally and “pushed” to test instruments, eliminating the variability of manual procedures and drives consistent, repeatable results, regardless of technician skill or experience level.
• Lower Training Costs. Training focus shifts to the test process itself, which is faster and easier to learn, rather than on technical information that is generally time-consuming and overwhelming for new technicians.
• Speed. Job Manager eliminates wasted technician time trying to remember which tests to run and how to run them.
The instrument’s workflow user interface carefully guides technicians through a pre-configured common test process, making sure that technicians complete the job in the same way and to the same specifications. With OneAdvisor-800, tower hands get built-in guidance, automatic test configuration, pass/fail results, and a single closeout report every time, at every site.
Test Process Automation with Job Manager and StrataSync
The VIAVI test process automation software, Job Manager, offers network operations and construction teams a self-guided solution to improve efficiency in the field for cell-site installation and maintenance. By automating the entire process, Job Manager ensures the proper test sequence is executed, time is not wasted, and results are consistent.
StrataSync is cloud-hosted system that provides a centralized management of test solutions including; test set management, test configurations, data management, and test results. Stratasync is designed to eliminate email dispatches, manual test procedures, manual report consolidation, test solution availability and test devices that need calibration.
With Test Process Automation, contractors and cell-technicians can perform installation and maintenances tests with confidence:
• In accordance with mobile operator’s test criteria;
• Covering all radios types (LTE and 5G) and topologies (Macro-cell, Small-cell, C-RAN, and/or DAS);
• Automatically uploading test results to the StrataSync cloud with simple PASS/FAIL indicator.
OneAdvisor-800 / Fiber Inspection
The most common cause of signal impairment in an optical system is a dirty connector or end-face, which can get contaminated very easily at a windy, outdoor cell site. Therefore, the first step in achieving acceptable insertion- and return-loss measurements is by inspecting end-faces with a fiber microscope.
There are multiple VIAVI microscopes that integrate with the OneAdvisor-800, including the P5000i. The P5000i connects to the OneAdvisor with a simple USB connection, and makes certifying that every connection in your mobile network is clear fast and easy.
OneAdvisor-800 / Fiber Optic Testing - OTDR
Fiber is the foundation of the 5G infrastructure and must be tested to ensure its readiness to transmit huge data loads. Historically, testing fiber with an optical time-domain reflectometer (OTDR) was expensive and complicated. With the VIAVI OTDR module that pairs with the OneAdvisor-800, fiber testing the network at cell-sites is now simple, fast, and cost-effective.
• Automatic macro bend detection;
• Summary results table with pass/fail analysis;
• Bidirectional OTDR analysis;
• Smart Link Mapper (SLM) icon-based map view of the fiber link;
• SmartAcq perform a short and long pulse acquisition to improve measurement reliability.
• Up to 45 dB dynamic range and 256,000 acquisition points;
• Quad module, combined single-mode/multimode 850, 1300, 1310, 1550 nm;
• Dual/tri-wavelength modules with 1310/1550/1625 nm;
• Tunable DWDM OTDR module at ITU-T G.694.1 wavelengths;
• Integrated CW light source and power meter;
• TIA/IEC pass/fail thresholds;
• Propagation delay measurement in multimode (TIA-568-C);
• Instantly detects traffic when connected to live fiber (except on live/filtered port);
• ITU Fiber type identification (G65x A, B, C and D);
• IEC 61280-4-1-compliant using an external modal controller;
• Ready for SLM, FTTA-SLM, and FTTHSLM intelligent optical application software.
OneAdvisor-800 / Sweep Test – Cable and Antenna Analyzer (CAA)
Most problems in mobile networks occur in cell site infrastructure: antennas, cables, amplifiers, filters, connectors, combiners, jumpers, etc. The Cable and Antenna Analyzer module, in combination with the OneAdvisor-800, guides a technician through a sweep test that confirms system integration and antenna performance. The user-friendly GUI with intuitive pass/fail results instantly identifies problems enables a technician to easily determine if the performed installation meets the required performance specifications.
• Acceptance testing for new cell sites
• DAS deployment validation
• Test and commission distributed radios with coaxial feed lines
• Easy to interpret OTDR results with SmartLink Mapper apps;
• Performance characterization and validation of RF devices;
• NFC antenna test (RFID and security equipment);
• Trace overlay accurately detects signal degradation over time;
• Dual display and multiple tabs allow fast and efficient measurements;
• Intuitive pass/fail analysis instantly notifies of any cable and antenna system problem;
• Integrated RF CW source enables small cell coverage and DAS path loss testing;
• EZ-Cal™ technology ensures fast and easy calibration.