Splice Protection Sleeves
Designed to restore complete environmental and mechanical integrity of coating or buffer of optical fiber after splicing.
vendor P/N: Velocity Splice Sleeves
Fusion splicer technology has advanced, but so has the technology surrounding the critical accessory components ... especially splice protection sleeves. TELONIX searches the world to bring you leading edge products at competitive prices - to help keep you ahead of the competition.
TELONIX Velocity Splice Protection Sleeves are high quality, and come in a range of sizes to suit your most demanding applications. Stock lengths are shown below, alternate lengths available, just call us.
This sleeve design represents the industry's most standard design. Sleeves come with a clear outer tube for viewing the color of the fiber.
Diameter after shrinking 3.0mm.
Stock Length: 60mm (p/n SD-60).
These clear sleeves use reduced diameter components for a smaller finished product. The smaller diameter allows more splices in existing splice trays.
Diameter after shrinking 2.5mm.
Stock Lengths: 60mm (p/n SM-60), 40mm (p/n SM-40).
This sleeve will recover to 2.0mm and is available in clear.
Stock Length: 60mm (p/n MN-60).
Micro Sleeve 1
Used where space is very limited, especially in couplers and ultra high density trays.
Recovered diameter 1.5mm.
Stock Length: 35mm (p/n MI1-35).
Micro Sleeve 2
Slimmest sleeves available in the market.
Recovered diameter of just 1.3 mm.
Stock Length: 20mm (p/n MI2-20).
Suitable for 4 to 12 fiber ribbons.
High mechanical strength ceramic strength member.
Stock Length: 40mm (p/n RB-40).
• Designed to restore complete environmental and mechanical integrity of coating or buffer of optical fiber after splicing.
• Sleeves are manufactured using state of the art machines and controlled manufacturing environment in an ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facility.
• Outer tube conforms to MIL-I 23053/5 class 2 standards.
• Hot melt adhesive tube made from polyolefin Ethyl Vinyl Acetate copolymer bonds both to the fiber and heat shrinkable outer tube to effectively encapsulate fusion splice.
• Strength member is made from "Full hard" stainless steel of .316 grade and is ground at the edges before polishing to make it completely burr free to avoid rupturing during shrinking. 316 grade gives better corrosion resistance than 304 or equivalent grade, even in coastal environments.
• Resistant to heat shocks, no cracking dripping or flowing.
• Long term proven performance, exceeds industry standards.
• Sleeves are preshrunk which ensures integrity of assembly during transportation and reduces shrinking time during field installations thus increasing battery life of oven.
Working Temperature: -50°C to 125°C)
Ultimate Strength: 220 Kg/cm 2
Specific Gravity: 0.95
Water Absorption: 0.05%
Fungus Resistance: Inert
Solvent Resistance: Good
Acid Resistance: Excellent