RD8100 Series Locator
Accurately locate and mark buried assets
with optimum level of precision
vendor P/N: 8100
RD8100, Radiodetection's most advanced locator range, builds on over 40 years of pedigree to deliver performance, quality and durability. Containing a unique arrangement of 5 custom manufactured, precision ground antennas, it allows you to choose the optimum level of precision for the job in hand.
With utility infrastructures becoming more complex, locate professionals require more powerful, flexible tools. Features such as Current Direction and iLOC combine with the versatile Tx Transmitter range to deliver highly responsive locates even in tough conditions. Integrated GPS and usage-logging options automatically generate data for customer reports, or in-house quality and safety audits to promote best working practices.
Li-Ion Battery Pack
Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery options for both locator and transmitter provide extended runtime with reduced running costs.
GPS and Usage-Logging
Integrated GPS and automatic usage-logging allow managers to review locate history to ensure compliance with best practice.
Save time on site by controlling your transmitter from distances of up to 1400 feet / 450 meters.
• Currect Direction - A powerful tool that helps operators pick out their target line from others nearby. With CD you can locate your utility quickly and eliminate wasted time following false trails.
• Automatic Usage Logging with GPS Positioning - GPS equipped RD8100 locators automatically log key locate parameters every second, providing a comprehensive picture of individual locates, or allowing you to assess usage patterns over periods of a year or more. The data generated can be used to ensure compliance with best-practice, or to identify training needs before poor work habits develop. Additionally, the data can be used for internal audits or shared with partners or clients to evidence task completion, or compliance to their requirements. Usage data can be exported in multiple file formats, for example KML for Google Maps to confirm where and when work was performed.
• Combine Accuracy with Speed, Peak+ Mode - Combine the accuracy of Peak locating with the rapid ground coverage of Guidance arrows in the new Peak+ mode. A single key press lets you check for distortion by comparing Null with Peak.
• Use Power Filters to pinpoint and discriminate between power cables - When a signal transmitter can’t be connected, tracing individual power lines through complex networks can be a real challenge - conflicting or powerful signals confuse, or combine to create a wash of signal. With a single key press you can now utilize the harmonic properties of power signals to establish if a signal comes from one source, or from multiple cables, then trace and mark their routes.
• Trace high impedance utilities with 4 kHz, and with CD - The 4 kHz locate frequency is designed for tracing high impedance lines such as twisted pair telecoms or street lighting. Since such utilities are often found in areas of dense infrastructure, you can combine 4 kHz with CD to ensure you follow the right line.
• Quickly Follow Lines with Guidance Mode - Guidance Mode allows you to rapidly follow the path of a buried utility. Intuitive proportional arrows, a directional ‘needle’ and differentiated audio tones guide you along the target pipe or cable.
• Customize the Locator to your Network Frequencies - Up to 5 additional frequencies can be programmed into all RD8100 locators to match it to the signals found on your target networks.
• Fault Find - Combine the RD8100 locator with an accessory A-frame to identify and pinpoint insulation sheath faults to within 4" (10cm).
RD8100 & RD7100 -
Learn where locator’s hardware elements are, battery options, and set up.
RD8100 - Menu Overview
Learn how to navigate menu screen, and functionality of locator’s menu items.