Cable and Pipe Locators
Industry-specific range of underground cable and pipe locators, each model optimized for a particular utility
vendor P/N: 7100
RD7100®, Radiodetection's industry-specific range of underground cable and pipe locator equipment, contains advanced locating technologies with each model optimized for the challenges of locating a particular utility.
Accurately locating and marking buried assets ensures minimum downtime during repair or maintenance activities. It also prevents damage which can be costly for both you and your customers.
RD7100 offers the power of Radiodetection’s most advanced locating technologies, with each locator model optimized for a specific industry. Users benefit from the simplicity of having menu options and capabilities matched to their requirements.
Their GPS and usage-logging models are designed to facilitate best working practices in locating crews.
Li-Ion Battery Pack
Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery options for both locator and transmitter provide extended runtime with reduced running costs.
GPS and Usage-Logging
Integrated GPS and automatic usage-logging allow managers to review locate history to ensure compliance with best practice.
Save time on site by controlling your transmitter from distances of up to 1400 feet / 450 meters.
• Guidance Mode allows you to quickly follow utility paths - Guidance Mode allows you to rapidly find and follow the path of a buried utility. Directional information is displayed alongside proportional distance arrows to help find the utility and then keep you on its path. The simultaneous display of depth and current information gives confidence the correct utility is being traced even in congested networks. For rough or uneven terrain differentiated audio tones can be used, freeing the user to concentrate on potential hazards.
• Automatic Usage Logging with GPS Positioning - GPS equipped RD7100 locators automatically capture key locate parameters every second, providing a comprehensive picture of individual locates and allowing you to assess usage patterns over periods of a year or more. The data generated can be used to ensure adherence to best practice, or to identify training needs before poor work habits develop. Additionally, the information can be used for internal audits or shared with stakeholders to enable process improvements, and evidence task completion.
Usage data can be exported in multiple file formats – for example, KML for Google Maps to confirm where and when the work was performed.
• Li-Ion rechargeable battery options - Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery options for both locator and transmitter provide extended runtime with reduced running costs.
• Peak+™ Mode combines accuracy with speed - Combine the accuracy of Peak locating with the rapid ground coverage of Guidance arrows in the new Peak+™ mode. A single key press lets you check for distortion by comparing Null with Peak.
• Power Filters™ pinpoint and discriminate between power cables (PL models) - When a signal transmitter can’t be connected, tracing individual power lines through complex networks can be a real challenge. Conflicting or powerful signals confuse, or combine to create a wash of signal. With a single key press you can now utilize the harmonic properties of power signals to establish if a signal comes from one source, or from multiple cables, then trace and mark their routes.
Optimized precision for your industry
• Locate over longer distances 90V signal output and automatic impedance matching
• Match your transmitter to your locator model to simplify setup and use
• Base tray for accessories
• RD7100SL(G) / Construction Industry
Accurate and simple to use, the RD7100SL comes with four active and two passive frequencies that cover the majority of site locating tasks. A rugged, IP65 rated casing along with a high contrast screen make it suitable for use in all weather conditions.
• RD7100DL(G) / Water Industry
With four sonde frequencies, the RD7100DL can be used to trace deep pipes made from a variety of materials including: cast iron, clay, concrete and brick. Additionally, it can be used to locate Cathodic Protection System (CPS) signals applied to pipelines.
• RD7100PL(G) / Power Industry
Designed for use in dense infrastructures where signals from high voltage equipment and cables can be confusing or overwhelming. Dynamic Overload Protection reduces the effect of interference, while Power Filters™ can be used to establish if a large power signal comes from one source or from the presence of multiple cables.
• RD7000TL(G) / Telecom Industry
RD7000TL features higher frequencies to locate high impedance cables amongst large bundled pairs and sonde frequencies for duct and conduit tracing. Higher frequencies can also be used to trace sheathed domestic cables without grounding connections. Cable sheath faults can be located to within 4” (10cm) using 8kHz Fault Find mode with a Radiodetection A-Frame.