Riser Bond Model 1205CX-A CATV TDR
Complete, unparalleled fault finding package
for the CATV field engineer
vendor P/N: 1205CX-A
The 1205CX-A provides the CATV field technician with unparalleled fault finding capability. With a sub-ns pulse, a rugged and robust package and full PC connectivity, the 1205CX-A offers industry leading performance as well as having the Riserbond ease of use functionality.
It is intuitive and easy to use and meets the users needs both in performance and in use. It has advanced features such as a sub-ns pulse and auto fault find and is housed in a field proven rugged and robust enclosure. The 1205CX-A is complete fault finding package for the CATV field engineer.
Features / Key Benefits
• Range-plus – Two-button operation that allows the operator to quickly scan the cable under test while automatically stepping through a specific pulse width, vertical gain, and cable length.
• Sub-nanosecond Pulse Width – Pinpoint minor faults which interrupt digital services and cause signal loss, ingress, and egress.
• Intermittent Fault Detection (IFD) – Monitor and locate hardto-find intermittent faults using the IFD mode.
• Dual Independent Cursors – Measure between any two points on the waveform.
• SUPER-STORE Waveform Data Storage – Helps reduce downtime in a system. Simply connect the TDR, press “store”, and have the system back up and running within minutes. Analyze the waveform later.
• WAVE-VIEW Software – Upload waveforms to your computer. Document before accepting new plant, save money when comparing replacement versus repair cost.
• Rugged, waterproof packaging – Rugged, weatherproof casing helps keep the 1205CXA on the job, regardless of location or climate conditions.
• Easy-to-use – Logical, step-by-step testing for fault location and diagnosis is easy-to-use by all levels of expertise.
• Physical Dimensions:
Width: 10.5 inches (267 mm)
Height: 9.75 inches (247.6 mm)
Depth: 5 inches (127 mm)
Weight: 6 pounds (2.7 kg)
Battery: Internal, rechargeable, 7.2 V Nickel metal hydride
Charging Source: External 12 VAC transformer, 1.3 A
Operating Time: Greater than 6 hours, continuous without backlight
Operating temperature: 0˚ C (+32˚ F) to +50˚ C (+122˚ F)
Typical temperature: -15˚ C (+5˚ F) to +60˚ C (+140˚ F)
Storage temperature: -20˚ C (-4˚ F) to +60˚ C (+140˚ F)
Humidity: 95% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing
320 x 240 dot-matrix, liquid crystal display (LCD) with cathode fluorescent (CFL) backlighting
• Maximum Ranges:
63,700 feet (19,400 meters) at .990 VOP
51,500 feet (15,500 meters) at .800 VOP
Range varies with VOP. Maximum testable cable length varies with pulse width and cable type.
• Horizontal Resolution:
Up to 2,000 ft (610 m):
less than .05 ft (.03 m) at .990 VOP
less than.02 ft (.01 m) at .300 VOP
Over 2,000 ft (610 m):
1 ft. (.1 m) at any VOP
• Vertical Resolution:
14 bits with 170 dots displayed
• Vertical Sensitivity:
Greater than 65 dB
• Output Connector:
Front panel Female BNC
• Velocity of Propagation:
Two user-selectable display formats.
VOP (%) with 3 digit precision ranging from 30.0% to 99.9%;
V/2 with 4 digit precision ranging from 45.8 to 148.9 in meters mode or from 148.0 to 487.9 in feet mode.
• Input Protection:
400 volts (AC + DC) from DC to 400 Hz and decreases to 10 volts at 1 MHz.
• Distance Accuracy:
Accuracy will vary with cable VOP and cable type.
± .1 ft (.03 m) plus ± .01% of reading
• Serial I/O Port:
• Output Pulses:
Selectable output pulse widths
• Auto dBRL:
2 digit auto return loss calculation at cursor setting
• Waveform Storage:
All with full vertical resolution
• Automatic/Manual Noise Filter:
• Operator’s manual
• Shoulder strap
• Battery charger
• Battery pack
• Noise filters
• WAVE-VIEW for Windows software
• Clip-on accessory bag
• Strand hooks kit
• 12V Cigarette lighter charger
• Custom Soft-side carrying case