InvisiLight® Optical Solution
Virtually invisible fiber optic drop connections
for home and business installations
vendor P/N: OFS
Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) and Fiber-to-the-Business (FTTB) deployment is accelerating globally, offering ultra-highspeed Gigabit service to consumers.The OFS InvisiLight® Optical Solution, launched in 2012, is a revolutionary system that enables fast, easy-to-install and nearly invisible fiber drop connections for the indoor living unit (ILU) or businesses for fiber-to-the-desk (FTTD) services. OFS’ EZ-Bend® Optical Fiber enables worry-free bending around the many tight corners typically found inside buildings and rooms. These optical fibers surpass the G.657.B3 technical standard, with a 2.5 mm bend radius, helping to ensure reliable, ultra-high-speed internet and services.
Apply adhesive to fiber location
Position and secure fiber
Fit around corner and continue
After tens of thousands of installations, the InvisiLight Optical Solution is now available for the multi-dwelling unit (MDU). Leveraging this same proven technology, the new InvisiLight ILU and InvisiLight MDU Solutions help make optical fiber easily available to each building tenant. These solutions can help accelerate the adoption of fiber optic services in residential or business premises by differentiating indoor fiber deployment from traditional methods. In this way, the InvisiLight Solutions can help to significantly improve the consumer experience while lowering costs and speeding installation. These benefits result in higher subscriber acceptance and take rates, higher profitability and faster time-to-revenue for service providers.
InvisiLight Optical Solution Advantages
• Independent plug-and-play installation
• Simple and flexible versus traditional methods
• Faster time to service and revenue turn up
• No expensive retraining of staff
• Optical fiber surpasses G.657.B3 standards
• Décor, wall, corner and obstacle friendly
• Easy to reposition or remove
InvisiLight ILU Solution
Allows quick and easy indoor optical fiber installation. This solution offers consumers a safe, protected optical fiber link that blends seamlessly into the ILU, is virtually invisible to the eye and installed without disruption to the homeowner or décor. And the optical fiber can be painted or caulked over if desired.
InvisiLight ILU Solution is offered as a complete kit consisting of:
• a wall-mounted interconnection module;
• a spool that spins EZ-Bend fiber (terminated with SC-APC connectors) out of the module;
• a limited number of corner protectors, wall plugs, caps and a through-wall placement tool
• an adhesive (in tubes).
InvisiLight MDU Solution
Meets the challenges presented by the exploding demand for reliable Gigabit services for multi-dwelling units with a multifiber product. Designed for horizontal installation in building hallways, twelve 250 μm EZ-Bend optical fibers are joined together in a single 2 mm diameter fast to-install package.
InvisiLight MDU Solution is offered as a complete kit consisting of:
• a point-of-entry (POE) wall-mounted interconnect module with slack storage space;
• InvisiLight® Multifiber Cord containing 12 EZ-Bend ultra-bend insensitive fibers on a spool;
• corner protectors, wall plugs, wall caps and an intra-wall drop tool;
• an adhesive (in tubes)
Options included with kit described
Tools sold separately
• Dispensing Tool
(Adhesive in tubes sold separately)
• Inside corner protection installation tool
• Through-hole tool
(to push connector through holes)