S123M12 Mass Fusion Splicer
Handheld ribbon fiber splicing, fast and consistent, even in harsh environments
vendor P/N: S123M12
Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd. (FEC) has introduced the FITEL brand handheld fusion splicer for ribbon fiber - the S123M12. The S123M12 can splice from 1 to maximum 12-ribbon fiber.
One of the major improvements achieved for S123M12 is the significantly reduced operation time. Protection sleeve shrink time is 35 seconds for ribbon fiber sleeve, while splicing requires only 15 seconds for 8 or 12 ribbon fiber. Also, power saving technology used in these machines allows up to 160 splicing cycles (splicing/heating) by two battery packs installed in main body.
Another feature of S123M12 is the ruggedness. Using the similar platform as the S178A, these two machines are both designed to endure harsh operating conditions by improving shock resistance with rubber pads embedded on four corners of the splicer body. It also achieves the water resistance equivalent of IPX2, and dust resistance equivalent of IP5X.
In the field where you are required to splice various fibers such as single, 4-ribbon and 12 ribbon, this versatile and user friendly hand-held S123M12 is the perfect tool to have. It has the ability to splice any fibers up to 12 ribbon by simply changing the fiber holders, in any fields such as FTTx, LAN, backbone and long-haul installations where fast and consistent splicing is the absolute necessity.
• Fast Splice and Heating - splicing 15 - sec. / heating - 35 sec.
• Long Battery Life - power saving technology allows up to 160 splicing and heating cycles by fully charged battery packs installed in the main body.
• Shock Resistant Design - four rubber pads in corners of the machine boosts the shock resistance significantly compared with the previous models; capable of producing precise splicing after 76cm drops from five different angles
• Dust & Water Resistant - new design achieved IPX2 water resistance and IP5X dust resistance
• IP-52 - Rugged and compact hand held design for demanding environmental conditions
• Fast splice (13 sec) at low loss and Fast Heating (25 sec) for single fiber
• Simple operation with Fixed V-groove
• Splicer is compatible with the Seikoh Giken and Diamond Splice-on-connector (SOC)
• 70 cycles (Splicing & Heating) with single battery
• Available for All METRO / LAN / FTTx fibers including ultra bend-insensitive fibers (e.g. EZBendTM)
• Easy maintenance - Toolless electrode replacement/mirror free alignment system
• Easy Software upgrade via the Internet
• Easily exchanged fiber holder systems (tight holder / fiber holder / SOC holder)
• PC interface software to allow user manage splicing programs and results
• Auto-start shrink sleeve oven feature
• Improved GUI to further enhance ease-of-use
• RoHS compliant